Finally I can formally release the Backup Smart (website backup application) upgrades that have been in the works for a long time.
Those that own the software get all updates for FREE.
Thanks to users who have given feedback and requests. These updates have made Backup Smart a much better application.
I’d like to thank these users specifically for taking the time to check over my translations into languages other than English.
Hubert Daul – French translation checking
Matthias Günter – German translation checking
George Johnston – Spanish translation checking
Pieter de Jong – Dutch translation checking
There have been several minor updates lately with this final update seeing the latest round of changes complete.
Here’s what was added up to version 1.52…
* Multilanguage support. Now supports English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish, Dutch. This was a massive structural change to enable different languages but one that makes Backup Smart so much more accessible.
If you want a language supported and are prepared to check my translations then let me know. Or if you see any text that doesn’t make sense, please contact me.
* Better checking of task list changes, and reminding you to save your task list externally so you don’t lose your changes if something goes wrong
* Wider cPanel support to work in with new cPanel security features.
* Added Host Monster support since they have a highly customised cPanel setup
* Added in ability to handle users with global subdomains setup in cPanel.
* Added in support for SSL HTTPS ability. Some host enforce HTTPS for cPanel logins.
For those that haven’t checked out Backup Smart yet, go and grab yourself a FREE 7 day trial of the software.
For those that own a copy of Backup-Smart just restart the software and it should self update, or use the update option in the help menu.
Let me know your thoughts on the upgrades, or if you want something else added to / changed in the software.
This looks really good and is one step in my backup system I was wanting a solution for.
Can I ask which PC & Laptop backup software you use?
I’ve used the Windows backup and find it’s not good enough for me as I want to have a lot more control of what and when I backup. Your recommendation would be most welcome.
Hi Ian, funny you should ask, since I should probably do a blog post on this topic. In fact you’ve inspired me, I will.
To give you answer now rather than wait, I’m old school and have an incremental system setup with external USB hard-drives that I have on a rotation system.
I use the old MS-Dos XCOPY program with a custom batch file that I wrote.
It dumps directories of my choosing onto the external drives. I run it manually once a week.
Or I could just as easily schedule the batch file to run automatically using the built in Windows Scheduler.